Seasoned beef smothered between flaky golden crust.
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 40 Minutes
TOTAL — 60 Minutes SERVINGS — 8 (serving size: 1 slice)
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 pound (lb) of ground sirloin
• 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
• 2 tablespoons of Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
• 1/4 cup of salsa (use your favorite!)
• 3-4 tabelspoons of Schultz’s Chipotle cooking sauce
• 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated pie crust, divided
• 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
• 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
• Toppings: sour cream, salso, avocado, jalapenos
1. Combine Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add beef and onion; cook, stirring to crumble, until the onions are softened and meat is browned – about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub, and Schultz’s Chipotle cooking sauce until combined. Cook for 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
4. Place 1 pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate. Spread refried beans evenly over crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
5. Top with beef mixture, and then spoon green chiles evenly over beef mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Top with remaining pie crust; lightly press edges of crust together to seal.
7. Top Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, tenting edges with foil during the last 10 minutes if crust becomes too brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving and serve with your favorite toppings.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More