Skillet Nacho Dip
There’s ordinary chips & dip, and then there’s this.
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 10-15 Minutes
TOTAL — 20-25 Minutes SERVINGS — 4
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
• 2 tablespoons seeded minced jalapeno
• 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub
• 2-3 tablespoons Schultz’s Green Chili Lime Cooking Sauce
• 2/3 cup unsalted beef stock
• 2 cooked ground beef patties, finely crumbled
• 1 cup drained unsalted canned pinto beans
• 2 ounces pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
• 2 ounces pre-shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese (about 1/2 cup)
• 1/2 cup chopped tomato
• 1/2 cup chopped avocado
• tortilla chips
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack in upper middle position
2. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add 1/2 cup onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cumin, chili powder and Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in crumbled beef patties, beans, and Schultz’s Green Chili Lime; cook 2 minutes. Stir in mozzarella; cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
3. Sprinkle Mexican-blend cheese over pan; broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup red onion, tomato, and avocado over pan. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe Inspired by CookingLight
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More