Spicy Shrimp and Grits
Our instructions for a southern classic.
PREP — 5 Minutes COOK — 28 Minutes
TOTAL — 33 Minutes SERVINGS — Two
• 3 cups Whole Milk
• 1 cup Water
• 1 lb. peeled and deveined Shrimp
• 1 cup Grits
• 4 tbsp Butter
• 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
• 1/2 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp Oil or Butter
• Fresh Parsley for garnish
1. Bring milk, water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat slightly, then slowly add grits to the liquid, whisking the whole time. Continue to whisk for a minute until no clumps remain. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring well every 2-3 minutes.
2. When finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in butter and cheddar cheese until well incorporated. Cover and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil to medium – medium high. Add shrimp and sauté 2-3 minutes, or until they start to turn pink. Add garlic, stir well, then add Schultz’s Spicy Original Cooking Hot Sauce. Stir well, then continue to cook 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Plate grits in a shallow bowl, top with shrimp and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More