Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken
Hang on to your pickle juice!
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 10 Minutes
TOTAL — 20 Minutes SERVINGS — 4
Attention: You need to start this recipe 24 – 36 hours in advance.
• 4 boneless chicken thighs
• 3 cups Buttermilk
• 2 cups Dill Pickle Juice
• 2 cups Flour
• 2-3 tbsp Schultz’s Seasoning and Rub
• 2 tbsp Cornstarch
• 8 cups Rice Bran Oil (for frying)
• Coarse Salt
1. In a large bowl or jar, fully submerge chicken thighs in dill pickle juice. Cover and refrigerate for 6 – 24 hours.
2. Remove chicken from pickle juice and fully submerge them in buttermilk in a second large bowl. Cover again and allow to sit for 1 – 12 hours.
3. Finally, you’re ready to fry the chicken. Stir together flour, cornstarch, and Schultz’s Seasoning and Rub. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, turning it to completely coat.
4. In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil to 345° over high heat. (If this is your first time frying, it’s probably best to fry one thigh at a time; once you get the hand of it, you can do more at once.) Fry the chicken until it’s golden brown or it reached an internal temperature of 165°, about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Using a spider skimmer or other small strainer, remove the chicken from the oil and drain on paper towels. While chicken is still hot, sprinkle with a coarse salt. Allow chicken to rest before serving. Enjoy! You can easily adapt this recipe into a sandwich, serve with waffles, or drizzle with Schultz’s Cooking Sauce.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More