The Perfectly Grilled Steak
A Recipe For Perfect Steaks
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 8-15 Minutes
TOTAL — ~30 Minutes SERVINGS — 4
• 4 (1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch-thick) boneless rib-eye or New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each) or filets mignons (8 to 10 ounces each), trimmed.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
1. About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
2. Heat your grill to high. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
3. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More