Grilled Pumpkin Pie
This classic pumpkin pie has one smokey twist.
PREP — 5 Minutes COOK — 65 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour 10 Minutes SERVINGS — 8
• 1, 15oz. can pumpkin puree
• 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
• 2/3 cups granulated sugar
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 3 large eggs
• 1, 9 inch frozen pie shell in a metal pan
1. Bring grill temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. If using homemade pie crust, prepare crust and press into pie dish. If using store-bought make sure the crust is thawed (not frozen). Using a fork, poke small holes all around pie crust.
3. Beat one egg in a small bowl and brush on the crust edge. Place pie crust on grill for 15 minutes. Cover grill. Remove crust from grill and reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Meanwhile, gently whisk the pumpkin, cream, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt and 2 eggs together in a large bowl. Pour the filling into the crust.
5. Place the pie on the indirect heat side of the grill. Cover and cook until it is starting to set around the edges, about 25 minutes, then rotate, cover and cook for another 25 minutes (the middle will still jiggle slightly).
6. Move the pie to the direct heat side of the grill and cook for a few more minutes to help crisp the bottom of the pie.
7. Check pies to see if complete. Place a tooth pick into center of pie. If they come out clean, pie is done. If the pie sticks to toothpick, continue cooking until you get a clean toothpick.
8. Transfer to a rack; let cool completely.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More