Giant Soft Pretzel with Spicy Mustard Dip
Buttery soft snacking
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 15 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour 5 Minutes SERVINGS — 8
Pretzel Dough Ingredients
• 3 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
• 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
• 2 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
• 4 cups All Purpose Flour
• 1 tsp Salt
Pretzel Crust Ingredients
• 1 cup Water
• 2 tsp Baking Soda
• Coarse Sea Salt
• 1/2 stick Butter, melted
Spicy Mustard Dip Ingredients
• 1/2 cup Schultz’s Tangy Mustard Sauce
• 1 tbsp Honey
• 2 tbsp Coarse Mustard Seed
1. In a large bowl, combine the yeast, warm water and sugar. Mix until frothy, and add in the flour and salt. Knead until smooth.
2. Grease a second bowl with non-stick cooking spray, place the dough in and cover with greased plastic or a clean kitchen cloth. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
3. Preheat oven to 425° and line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each part into 25-26″ long ropes and form into a pretzel shape. (If you don’t stretch it long enough, you will wind up with pretzel balls rather than the traditional pretzel figure.)
4. In a shallow bowl, combine water and baking soda. Submerge each pretzel in the water and then place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt. Let the pretzels rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush each hot, baked pretzel with melted butter immediately after taking them out of the oven. Sprinkle again with coarse salt if desired. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More