Tangy Mustard Chicken and Apples
Fall flavors for the whole family
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 30 Minutes
TOTAL — 40 Minutes SERVINGS — Four
• 8 Chicken Thighs
• 2-3 tbsp Schultz’s Gourmet Tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce
• 1 large Onion, cut into large chunks
• 2 cooking Apples (such as Cortland), cut into chunks
• 1 cup Chicken Broth
• Kosher Salt
• Ground Pepper
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 tsp softened Butter
• 1 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 450°
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in bathes if necessary, add the chicken skin side down and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes before transferring to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
3. Add the onion and apples to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Mix the broth with the Tangy Mustard as best you can and add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the skillet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
4. Mix the butter and flour to form a paste. Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, 2 minutes. Continue to cook, adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy.
5. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onion to plates. Pour the gravy over the roasted chicken. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More