Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
Sweet and tangy oven-baked baby back ribs.
PREP — 30 Minutes COOK — 3 to 3 1/2 Hours
TOTAL — 4 Hours SERVINGS — 8
• 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon dry mustard
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 2 (2 1/2 to 3-lb.) slabs bone-in baby back pork ribs
• 1/2 cup Schultz’s Tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce, divided
• 1 bottle Schultz’s Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 275°F, and place oven rack in middle of oven. Combine brown sugar, chili powder, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and black pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Prepare the Ribs: Remove the thin outer membrane on back of ribs by loosening with a butter knife and pulling it off; discard. Brush each side of both slabs evenly with Schultz’s Tangy Mustard BBQ sauce; sprinkle liberally with spice mixture, patting gently to adhere. Wrap each slab individually in aluminum foil (or chill uncovered up to 12 hours).
3. Place wrapped ribs on a wire rack set on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. (Check for doneness by removing ribs from oven, unwrapping foil, and picking up 1 end with tongs. The ribs are ready when they bend and meat on top is tender and easily pulls apart.
4. Unwrap ribs; discard foil and drippings. Place directly on wire rack, and spread 1/2 cup of the Schultz’s Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce on top of each slab. Return to oven, and cook at 275°F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More