A perfect appetizer for game days and get togethers.
PREP — 25 Minutes COOK — 25 Minutes
TOTAL — 50 Minutes SERVINGS — 12
Jalapeño Popper Ingredients
• 12 jalapeño peppers, halved or whole
• 4.5 oz light cream cheese
• 5 medium scallions, green part only, sliced
• 2 oz shredded low fat sharp cheddar
• 1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites, beaten
• 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs*
• 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub
• spray oil
Buffalo Ranch Dip Ingredients
• 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
• 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon milk (skim, soy, almond, whatever your preference is)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1.5 teaspoons Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub
• 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill weed or 1/4 teaspoon dry dill
• 3 to 4 tablespoons of Schultz’s Spicy Original cooking sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. There are two ways to prepare the Jalapeños, depending on your preference:
a. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane. If you’ve got a lot of mouths to feed this is probably the right method (24 total jalapeño popper halves).
b. Cut a lengthwise slit from stem to bottom of each chili pepper. Make a crosswise incision at stem end, forming a T. Pry open enough to hold back long cuts (exposing ribs and seeds), then remove seeds and membrane using a paring knife and kitchen shears. (12 whole jalapeño poppers)
4. Combine panko, chili powder, and Schultz’s Seasoning in another bowl.
5. Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula. If you chose to prepare the jalapeños whole as opposed to halved (from step 2), make sure to press the seams close after filling, so that the cheese is compacted and the jalapeños retain their shape.
6. Dip peppers in egg beaters.
7. Place peppers in panko mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn’t fall to the bottom of the bowl. Make sure peppers are well breaded.
8. Spray a baking pan with oil spray. (line with parchment for easier cleanup)
9. Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray.
10. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Serve hot.
11. For the Buffalo Ranch Dip – simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Then dip, dunk, or drizzle your poppers with this delicious low-calorie sauce.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More