Oven Fried Chicken with Peach BBQ Sauce
Oven fried chicken drumsticks with sweet peach barbecue sauce.
PREP — 15 Minutes COOK — 45 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour SERVINGS — 4
• 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
• 1 teaspoons kosher salt
• 4 teaspoons Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub
Peach Barbecue Sauce
• 1 1/4 cup Schultz’s Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce
• 1 tablespoon Schultz’s Spicy Original hot sauce
• 1/2 cup peach preserves
• 1 large fresh peach, pit removed, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°. (If using an air fryer, preheat is not necessary).
2. Pat chicken dry using paper towels. Mix together salt and Schultz’s Rub; season chicken evenly with spice rub. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; place a baking rack on top of the parchment paper. Arrange the drumsticks on the baking rack. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes. If using an air fryer, layer the chicken in a “frying basket” and use preset for frying at 30 minutes. (You may have to make 2 batches).
3. To make the sauce, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Schultz’s Sweet Hickory BBQ sauce, Schultz’s Spicy Original, peaches and preserves to pan. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Brush sauce over chicken immediately after removing it from the oven or air fryer. Serve immediately.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More