Chicken Enchilada-Stuffed Squash
The perfect balance of healthy and tasty.
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 45 Minutes
TOTAL — 55 Minutes SERVINGS — Four
• 2 Acorn Squash, halved and center scooped out
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 small Poblano Chile Pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 clove Garlic, grated
• 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
• 1 tbsp Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning
• 2 cups Chicken, shredded
• 1 cup Black Beans
• 1 cup Corn Kernels
• 5 oz. Red Enchilada Sauce
• 1 cup shredded Cheese
• 1 avocado, sliced for garnishing
• Fresh cilantro and sour cream for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place acorn squash halves flesh side up on a baking pan. Brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until centers are softened.
3. Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add poblano and cook, stirring occasionally until the peppers begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, and Schultz’s Seasoning and cook an additional 3 minutes, stirring.
4. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, Schultz’s Chipotle Cooking Sauce, corn kernels and beans to saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
5. If you like cilantro, you can stir 1/2 cup fresh cilantro into the chicken mixture.
6. Fill the centers of each squash half with the chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese is lightly golden and melted, 15-20 minutes.
7. Garnish with avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More