Spicy Chipotle Caramelized Onion Dip
Spicy, Sweet and everything in between!
PREP — 10 Minutes COOK — 40 Minutes
TOTAL — 50 Minutes SERVINGS —Six
• 3 medium-sized yellow onions
• 2 tbsp Salted Butter
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/4 cup white wine (alternatively use water or broth)
• 10 oz. Cream Cheese
• 10 oz. Sour Cream
1. Soften Cream Cheese at room temperature for 1 hour. Slice onions very thinly (easiest to use a mandoline).
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium, add butter, onions and salt. Sauté about 15 minutes, stirring often, until translucent and softened.
3. Add Chipotle sauce, stir well, and continue to sauté about 10 minutes. Add a splash of white wine (or your alternate—something to keep the onions hydrated) and continue cooking. Continue to add liquid as needed until onions are deep golden brown and caramelized, about 35-40 minutes total.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese with a hand mixer until no clumps remain. Transfer onions to a cutting board and slice before adding to dip. Stir onions into dip until well mixed.
5. This dip is best served and eaten with our Schultz’s Homemade BBQ Chips. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More