Buffalo Quinoa Burgers
Next Level Veggie Burger.
PREP — 30 Minutes COOK — 6 Minutes
TOTAL — 36 Minutes SERVINGS — 4
• 7 teaspoons canola oil, divided
• 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled carrot
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1/2 cup panko
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups canned unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons Schultz’s Spicy Original cooking sauce
• 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
• 4 romaine lettuce leaves
• 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
Optional Toppings: blue cheese crumbles, pickles and avocado slices
1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add 3/4 cup water and quinoa; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon cooked quinoa onto a large plate; cool 5 minutes. Combine quinoa mixture, panko, salt, pepper, chickpeas, and egg in a food processor; pulse until chickpeas are slightly mashed and mixture comes together. Shape quinoa mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
3. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil and Schultz’s Spicy Original sauce in a bowl. Place patties on bottom halves of buns; top evenly with hot sauce mixture, lettuce, tomato, any additional toppings and top halves of buns.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More