Buffalo Chicken & Bleu Cheese Sushi
A Major Twist on a Major Classic
PREP — 15 Minutes COOK — 25 Minutes
TOTAL — 45 Minutes SERVINGS — One
• Sushi Rice (or short grained rice)
• 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
• 1 tbsp Sugar
• 1 tbsp Salt
• 1 stalk Celery
• 1 Carrot
• 3 oz. Bleu Cheese crumbles
• Rolling Mat
1. Place the rice into a mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Swirl the rice in the water, pour off and repeat 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Place the rice and 2 cups water into a medium saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
2. While rice cooks, cook the chicken wings by following our Signature Gourmet Hot Wings recipe. Prep by cutting the cucumber, and carrot into 3 inch julienne strips. Combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Transfer the rice into a large wooden or glass bowl and add the vinegar mixture. Fold thoroughly combine, allow to cool to room temperature.
3. On a rolling mat, place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards. Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Spread the rice evenly throughout the nori without mashing the rice down. Season rice with a pinch of sesame seeds, then flip over so the nori is facing upwards.
4. Arrange the blue cheese crumbles, carrots, cucumber and pulled chicken in horizontal rows 1 inch from the bottom of the nori. Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to form the roll into its shape.
5. Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal portions. Enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More