BUFFALO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE
Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? And we made it even better!
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 60 Minutes
TOTAL — 80 Minutes SERVINGS — Six
• 7 tbsp. butter
• Kosher Salt
• 2 tsp. dry mustard
•1 lb. macaroni
•3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
•1 bottle of Schultz’s Gourmet Spicy Original Cooking Sauce
•2 tsp. garlic salt
•2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
•2.5 cups of half-and-half
•3.5 cups yellow sharp cheddar (cubed)
• 2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
•2/3 cups sour cream
•1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
•1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Marinade chicken in 7 oz. (1/2 of bottle) of Spicy Original for at least 30 minutes (up to 3 hours).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
3. Boil macaroni until al dente. Drain.
4. Grill or pan fry chicken until cooked through.
5. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tbps. of butter. Stir in dry mustard and flour until smooth.
6. Whisk in the half-and-half and the rest of the bottle of Schultz’s Gourmet Spicy Original. Stir until the mixture is thick (2-3 minutes).
7. Whisk in the pepper jack and cheddar cheese until thick. Whisk in the sour cream and garlic salt, continue mixing until smooth.
8. Spread half the cooked macaroni in the baking dish. Top it with the buffalo chicken and the rest of the macaroni.
9. Pour cheese mixture evenly over the top of the entire pan.
10. Heat 2 tbsp. of butter (in microwave) mix with the blue cheese and panko bread crumbs. Drizzle over the pan.
11. Bake for 30-40 minutes- you want it to be bubbly.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More