BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Buns topped with perfection!
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 90 Minutes
TOTAL — 110 Minutes SERVINGS —Four
• 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1/2 cup shredded carrot
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp celery seed
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp Schultz’s Gourmet Spicy Original Cooking Hot Sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil of choice
3. Rub chicken breasts with seasoning. Add to pot and pour bbq sauce over the top.
4. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat, cover and place in oven for about 90 minutes (or until chicken is completely tender)
5. While chicken is cooking, add shredded purple cabbage, carrot, mayo, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, celery seed and hot sauce to a large bowl. Stir well to coat evenly. Cover and let sit to soak up flavors while chicken cooks.
6. When chicken is finished, remove chicken breasts from pot using tongs and put in large bowl or on cutting board. Using two large forks, shred the meat.
7. Return chicken to pot and stir to coat evenly with sauce.
8. Serve on bun of choice and enjoy!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More