Barbecue Rib Sandwich
A Rack-O-Ribs “Hero”.
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 1.5 Hours
TOTAL — 2 Hours SERVINGS — 4
• 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 3/4 Cup Schultz’s Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce
• One 1 1/2-pound meaty rack baby back ribs
• Sliced onion and dill pickle slices, for serving
• 4 Brioche Buns
1. For the ribs: Prepare an outdoor grill l for cooking over indirect medium heat (if your grill has a thermometer, aim to keep the temperature at about 350 degrees F). Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, granulated garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
2. Insert a butter knife between the membrane and bone on the back of the rack of ribs. Grab the membrane with a paper towel to grip it and pull off and discard the membrane. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the ribs and rub it in. Wrap the ribs tightly in aluminum foil and set on the indirect side of the grill. Cook, turning the package once, until the meat is tender and pulling from the bone but not totally falling apart, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minute.
3. When the ribs are tender, remove them from the grill and unwrap them (leave the grill on). Let cool until you can touch the ribs without burning your fingers. With a knife, slit the skin on the back of the ribs and carefully pull out the bones, keeping the slab in one piece.
4. Increase the grill temperature to high for cooking over direct heat. Add the boneless slab to the grill, rounded-side up, and brush with some of the Spicy Mesquite BBQ sauce. Grill until the underside begins to crisp, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the slab and brush the underside of the ribs with more sauce. Continue to grill the ribs until they’re glossy and caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes more. Divide the rib slab into four servings. Place the ribs on the brioche buns, brush with more sauce and top with onions and pickles. Serve with the extra sauce on the side.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More