ROCKY MOUNTAIN PULLED PORK
We like to call this The World’s Greatest Sandwich. The meat is tender, juicy, and messy..the way a pulled pork sandwich should be!
PREP — 5 Minutes COOK — 4.5-5 Hours TOTAL —5 Hours SERVINGS — Six
• 3lb Pork Shoulder (Pork Butt)
• 1/4 Cup Schultz’s Gourmet Premium Seasoning & Rub
• 14oz Schultz’s Gourmet Sweet Heat Hot Sauce
• Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
1. Preheat oven to 330 ºF
2. Apply Schultz’s Gourmet Premium Seasoning & Rub liberally to the pork shoulder.
3. Wrap tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil twice keeping the folds on top.
4. Place in oven at 330 ºF for 3.5 – 4 hours (or slow cook in a smoker/grill)
5. Carefully remove and drain juices into a grease separator for later use.
6. Allow meat to rest for 30 minutes.
7. Trim and discard fat.
8. Using two forks or hands, begin shredding the meat and put into a 2” deep baking dish that can go back into the oven.
9. Once all meat has been shredded or pulled apart apply 14 oz. of Schultz’s Gourmet Sweet Heat Hot Sauce and mix thoroughly.
10. Take the separated juices from the meat and stir and add to meat and hot sauce.
11. Place back into oven at 250 °F stirring well while reheating.
12. Serve on hearty buns as a sandwich with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More