Grilled Chili Tofu
Perfectly seasoned tofu for the grill.
PREP — 12 Minutes COOK — 8 Minutes
TOTAL — 20 Minutes SERVINGS — 4
• 14 ounces firm tofu
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 tsp Schultz’s Seasoning and Rub
• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1 cup fresh corn kernels, lightly roasted
• 1 cup semi-ripe mango, peeled and diced
• 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Drain and rinse tofu; place on a plate and pat dry with a clean paper towel. Cut tofu block into four equal pieces; set aside on plate.
2. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt with chili powder and Schultz’s Seasoning & Rub in a small bowl; mix well. Gently rub this mixture on both sides of tofu pieces.
3. For relish, whisk 2 tablespoons oil with lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add corn, mango, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Toss, and set aside.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Oil racks with remaining oil. Place tofu pieces on rack, and cook, with grill lid down, for 2 minutes. Rotate 90 degrees, and cook with lid down, for another 2 minutes. Turn pieces over, and cook the other side the same way for 4 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the tofu pieces from the grill, and place on four serving plates. Divide the relish into four equal parts, serve over tofu and enjoy.
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More