SPICY MAC and CHEESE
Who doesn’t love Mac and Cheese? Exactly… no one.
PREP — 20 Minutes COOK — 30 Minutes
TOTAL — 50 Minutes SERVINGS —Six
• 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
• Kosher Salt
• 1 lb. macaroni
• 1/2 cup Schultz’s Gourmet Spicy Original Cooking Sauce (or to taste)
• 2 tsp. garlic salt
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2.5 cups of half-and-half
• 3.5 cups Monterey Jack (cubed)
• 2 cups of Gruyere slices
• 2/3 cups sour cream
• 1 cup fine chopped bacon
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Boil macaroni until al dente. Drain.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Once melted, stir in flour until a thick, rough paste forms.
4. Whisk in the half-and-half and Schultz’s Spicy Original Cooking Sauce. Stir until the mixture is thick (2-3 minutes).
5. Whisk in the Monterey Jack and Gruyere until thick. Whisk in the sour cream and garlic salt, continue mixing until smooth.
6. In a large mixing bowl, mix cheese, Spicy Original Cooking Hot Sauce, blue cheese crumbles and macaroni noodles together.
7. Pour cheese mixture evenly over the top of the entire baking pan.
8. Top with raw, diced bacon
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes- you want it to be bubbly and bacon to be crispy.
If you like Spicy Mac and Cheese, you’ll love our Signature Gourmet Hot Wings!
REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
Here at Schultz’s, we’re making your family meals easier, healthier and tastier.
Our family’s sauces, seasonings and snacks work perfectly in recipes to enhance flavor rather than replace it. With food you’ll find in your own kitchen, we only include the highest quality REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS. We’re proud to use family recipes that have been passed down for THREE GENERATIONS and are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER:
Delicious Deals, Distribution Updates & More